Canada is one of the most sought-after countries for immigrants in the world. From the Canadian immigration office, it has been estimated that over 341,180 individuals have migrated to get Canada PR Visa. Also, 74,586 people changed from temporary residence to obtaining permanent residency. As a result of the high demand for Canadian immigration, Canada has introduced different Express Entry programs for easy immigration to their country.
What is a Canadian Permanent Residency?
A Canadian permanent residency is an individual from another country who has obtained PR Visa in Canada. If you have this visa, you are privileged to enjoy diverse benefits in Canada such as healthcare services, freedom to live, scholarships, personal insurance, and many others. There are diverse benefits you can enjoy migrating to Canada:
- Huge Social Benefits:
The country is filled with lots of individuals from different parts of the world. It implies you will get to mix up with people to learn about their food, languages, music, dressing, etc. As a result, it will lead to more exposure on your path.
- Good Recipient to Immigrants:
The country is recognized for welcoming visitors or foreigners and treating them well. Also, the Canadian government offers equal treatment to both Canadian indigenes and their citizens. Therefore, you don’t have to be skeptical about migrating to Canada, because they will welcome you with open hands.
- High Level of Security:
The country is one of the safest countries on the globe where the crime rate is minimal. In every Canadian province, their security agents have planted Closed Circuit Television to monitor crimes and ensure the safety of lives and properties. As a result, you can open a big shopping mall without being afraid of criminals intruding on your business.
- Ample Job Opportunities:
The Canadian government is introducing thousands of job opportunities for both skilled and semi-skilled workers. Therefore, if you are not educated, but have vocational skills, there are diverse work opportunities for you. These job opportunities are triggering lots of foreigners to leave their home country for Canada.
Is It Difficult to Migrate to Canada?
It is a lingering question in the hearts of many immigrants preparing to move there. The country is one of the most comfortable countries to get a PR Visa. The government is keen to invite over one million individuals into their country by 2023. These immigrants will enter Canada through different means such as Express Entry Programs, Family-Sponsored Visa, Provincial Nominee Program, etc.
Generally, it is not hard to move to Canada from your country of residence. The main thing is to be eligible for one immigration stream by meeting the criteria for the pathway you want to use to enter Canada. Also, you need to prepare mentally, financially, and socially to equip your mindset before migrating to Canada. We need to understand these Express Entry Programs.
What is Express Entry Program?
It is an online system program that the Canadian government implores to organize and process immigration applications for skilled workers wanting to migrate into Canada to obtain Canadian permanent residence visas. The Express Entry Program comprises three Federal Economic Programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker (FSW)
- Federal Skilled Trades (FST)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
Requirements for Express Entry Program
There are requirements to possess for this Express Entry Program. When you have stronger profiles in your requirement, you stand a better opportunity to be selected over other applicants:
- A minimum of one year experience in the last ten years of continuous full-time/part-time work experience in a vocational occupation.
- Demonstrate an approved language test with at least a minimum score in Canadian Language Benchmark in either English or French language.
- Completed Post-Secondary education that meets the Canadian standard alongside an Educational Credential Assessment.
What are the Factors to Boost CRS for Permanent Resident Visa?
- Higher language proficiency in either French or English language
- Bilingualism in English and French
- Canadian work or educational experience
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. education
- Canadian brother or sister currently residing in Canada
- An employment offer from any Canadian company
- Nomination from a provincial nominee program
What is the Duration for Express Entry Immigration to Canada?
It is a program that offers fast immigration to Canada. You need to be eligible to get this Invitation to Apply (ITA) to enter this application pool. A completed application form will be submitted to the Canadian immigration officers, and the process will take up to six months or less. On the other hand, some applicants depending on their CRS cut-off thresholds or CRS score may get an Invitation to Apply after some months or not at all.
Furthermore, some invited applicants may be ready for their application for Canadian immigration immediately after they are invited, while others may have to wait for 60 days to apply. IRCC centers on processing applications within six months, but some applications may take a longer time, and decisions on other immigration applications might take less than six months.
What is the cost of the Express Entry Program?
The cost of the program is about CAD 2,300 for one applicant, while for a couple it is CAD 4,500. Here is the cost breakdown:
- Government fees: $1,325/adult & $225/child
- Police clearance certificates: average cost – $100/country
- Educational Credential Assessment (ECA): Average cost – $200
- Biometrics: $85/person
- Language tests: Average cost – $300
- Medical examination fees: average cost – $450/adult & $250/child
Easiest Ways to Get Canada PR Visa Through Express Entry Visa
1. Federal Skilled Worker (FSW):
It is a program that allows foreign workers with no connection to apply for a Canadian Permanent Residence Visa.
- Skilled work experience refers to experience classified under NOC Skill Level 0, A, or B.
- Minimum Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB) level 7 on an approved English or French language test.
- Must intend to live outside of the province of Quebec
- Minimum of a Canadian high school diploma or the equivalent in foreign education.
- Adequate funds to support themselves and any spouse and/or children
- A minimum of 12-months of continuous, full-time, skilled work experience completed within the previous 10 years (or an equal amount of part-time experience).
- Travel documents
2. Federal Skilled Trades:
The program is for foreign trade workers with work experience in a trade occupation to migrate to Canada.
- Demonstrate the job requirements for the skilled trade
- A minimum of 2-years of full-time work experience within the last 5 years
- Language proficiency score in French or English measured by the Canadian Language Benchmark (CLB)
- A full-time job offer from a Canadian employer for a total period of at least 1-year
3. Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
It is a program for individuals who gave worked in Canada for one year to apply for PR Visa.
- A minimum of 1 year of full-time (or equivalent) skilled work experience in Canada
- Apply within 3 years of obtaining your skilled work experience
- Legal status while working, or studying, in Canada
- Meet minimum language levels in English or French; and
- Plan to live outside the province of Quebec
The Express Entry Program is one of the easiest ways to migrate to Canada, but you need to be eligible for their requirements. If you can get your documents you are already on your way to migrate to Canada for PR Visa.