25 young African professionals will receive graduate scholarships from the Arizona State University MasterCard Scholarship to train in a variety of programs at the Master’s level over a 4-year period (2021 – 2025).
This scholarship program is part of EdPlus, a core enterprise unit for ASU that focuses on the creation and scalable implementation of digital teaching and learning models to improve student performance and lower obstacles to academic accomplishment.
- Host Country: United States of America
- Study Abroad: Study in USA
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All African Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Accommodation | Visa Fee
- Deadline: October 7, 2022
This conventional 2-year Master’s program is fully intensive and on-campus, with an emphasis on developing EdTech specialists for Africa. Scholars have the chance to work part-time with the Baobab team while classes are in session in order to obtain practical experience putting the strategic goals of the Baobab Platform into practice.
A global learning network with over 70,000 aspiring young African leaders will eventually be implemented as part of the Baobab Platform. Between the first and second years, Scholars will get financial support to take part in a 2-month internship in Africa that is related to their course of study.
Conditions for Scholarships:
For the Scholarship to be given to you, you must:
- want to apply for one of the eligible programs listed above.
- Applicants must qualify academically for admission to the degree of their choice, that includes a high level of English proficiency.
- Applicants must be a citizen of an African country.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 35 on or before the application deadline.
- Applicants must demonstrate a track record of leadership and service in their community.
- Applicants must present economically disadvantaged financial circumstances, and be able to show lack of financial means from family or other sources to pursue graduate education in their home country or elsewhere.
- Applicants must have earned an undergraduate degree with a required minimum 4 years of study.
- Applicants must not have started or completed other graduate degrees before August 2023.
- Applicants must be able to live in Phoenix, Arizona for the duration of the program.
Scholarship Length and Compensation
The following will be covered by the scholarship:
- Costs incurred for visa application processing
- Costs incurred for English language tests
- Costs incurred for GRE or other equivalent exams
- Airfare to and from Phoenix, Arizona
- Full tuition, books and fees
- Participation in Scholarship programming
The following full-time, on-campus graduate programs are eligible for scholarships:
- User Experience, MS
- Graphic Information Technology, MS
- Computer Science, MS
- Information Technology, MS
- Learning Sciences, MA
- Digital Culture, MS
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- MBA concentration must be in either Business Analytics or Marketing
Approach to Application
All applicants are advised to apply for the scholarship first and, if successful, will be assisted in the process of applying for admission to Arizona State University. Interviews via video or phone calls will be held during November 2022, with final decisions made by February 2023. All successful applicants will travel to Phoenix, Arizona to join the Program in July 2023.
There are 2 ways to submit your application: